The Bergen County Job Fair is the best place to be if you want to:
- Gain access to a large number of candidates in a one-stop environment
- Screen candidates, collect
resumes,and build a pool of candidates for current and future hiring needs
- Promote your company brand, job openings, and projects
- Meet and network with other companies and community resources
- Reach a diverse group of professionals
Employer Participation Benefits:
- Well-advertised event
- High applicant flow
- Your company’s name featured on the Bergen County Job Fair website
- One 6-foot table with two chairs
- Tea and Coffee in the morning plus two lunch tickets
- Free WiFi access during the event
Job Fair Registration for Employers
Tips for Employers at the Bergen County Job Fair
Our goal is to help you reach the greatest number prospective employees in a single day. To make the most of this opportunity, we suggest the following:
- Be sure to complete your registration form fully, carefully, and according to directions; as this is what will be shared with job seekers online.
- Arrive early…but not too early. Doors open for employer setup at 7:30 a.m.
- To be fair to all that attend, please try not to leave the job fair early. You may miss meeting your next best employee.
- Your display should fit on or in front of a six-foot table. We expect a lot of employers and job seekers, so we encourage employers to make the most of their space.
- People attend job fairs to interact with employers and to learn things they cannot find out online. Bringing literature about your company, website information, copies of job descriptions, and business cards are ideal for a job fair.
- You will be given a job fair assessment survey. Please be sure to complete it. The more candid the answer the better able we will be able to improve our next job fair.
Become a Sponsor
Increase your organization’s visibility by participating in our sponsorship program.
Do I need to register in advance?
Yes. All representatives must be registered prior to the event. Feel free to rotate representatives in and out throughout the day.
Each employer will be provided with a 6ft table. Please contact us if you need an additional table(s). We encourage bringing stands and posters. However, not all tables are against a wall so if you are planning on bringing something that must be hung please let us know in advance so we can position your table appropriately. Each space can comfortably fit two representatives, but there is no hard limit.
Power and WiFi Access
No electrical power is available on the job fair floor or at the employer tables. We encourage you to bring displays that do not require electricity and fully charge your electrical devices. Power outlets are available in the employer lounge if you need to charge your electronic devices.
Will food be provided?
Breakfast and lunch will be provided to employers in the employer lounge. Each registered employer will get two breakfast tickets and two lunch tickets.
Is there a resume book available?
We have a list of candidates. Candidates can optionally upload their resume to our resume bank. Please contact us to inquire about getting candidate information.
Day of Fair FAQ
Please visit our general Fair FAQ page for other information including directions and parking.
Additional Resources for Employers
The County of Bergen can offer your organization a number of resources to help meet your hiring needs. Please see the menu of options below.
The Bergen County Workforce Development Board and the Bergen County One-Stop Career Center’s Business Resource Center can help employers in a variety of ways:
- Post jobs and search resumes on free online job bank
- Recruit and pre-screen job candidates
- Find and refer qualified veteran job candidates
- Determine a competitive salary for positions
- Connect to local resources for training and retaining employees
- Review bonding information for new hires
- Obtain federal and state training grants, hiring incentives and tax credits
- Interpret workforce and business-related data to support your business decisions
- Learn about local resources in economic development, finance, marketing, and more
Bergen County Workforce Development Board (WDB)
The Bergen County Workforce Development Board (WDB) is your link to the public workforce system. The WDB directs federal, state, and local funding to workforce development programs. They also oversee the One-Stop Career Center, where job seekers and employers receive direct services. The WDB can facilitate partnerships between businesses and training providers, provide information on workforce grants and workforce trends, and refer employers to resources that support workforce and business development.
To learn more, contact the WDB Executive Director, Tammy Molinelli, at (201) 343-8830 ext. 4004.
Bergen County One-Stop Career Center’s Business Resource Center
In partnership with the Bergen WDB, the Business Resource Center (BRC) works with employers to assist with their Human Resource needs at no cost to your company. Many local businesses utilize BRC to recruit and screen prospective employees.
Employers interested in recruiting staff should schedule a one-on-one appointment with a Bergen County Business Representative by contacting Bob Curran, at (201) 329-9600 ext. 5662.
The Bergen County Division of Economic Development is your resource for everything business.
- Business Advocacy
- Demographic and Market Statistics
- Liaison between business and government
- Market Research
- Securing Economic Development Programs and Incentives through the State of NJ and economic development partners
- Site Selection
- Data Requests
The New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC) network helps small businesses expand operations, manage growth, or launch new ventures. With offices in every county of the state, NJSBDC consultants help small business owners finance, market, and manage their ventures.